THE DEGREE OF BACHELOR OF ENGINEERING / TECHNOLOGY
(With effect from 2006-2007)
1. TITLE AND DURATION OF THE COURSE
- The course shall be called the degree course in Bachelor of Engineering /Technology Course, abbreviated as B.E. / B.Tech.
- The course shall be of four academic years duration divided into eight semesters, each semester having duration of 16 weeks. For evening courses the contact hours are to be satisfied by working extra on afternoons of Saturdays and Sundays.
- The calendar of events in respect of the course shall be fixed by the University from time to time.
- The examination in all the subjects shall be conducted at the end of each semester for all the eight semesters.
2. ELIGIBILITY FOR ADMISSION
- Admission to I year / I semester Bachelor Degree in Engineering / Technology shall be open to the candidates who have passed the second year Pre-University or XII standard or equivalent examination recognized by the University.
- In addition to OB 2.1, the candidate shall have secured not less than forty five percent (45%) marks in the aggregate with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects, along with any one of the following subjects, namely, Chemistry, Bio-Technology, Computer Science, Biology and Electronics.
- Provided that, the minimum marks for the purpose of eligibility shall be forty percent (40%) in optional subjects in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST and OBC candidates from Karnataka.
- Provided further that, the candidate shall have studied and passed English as one of the subjects.
- Admission to II year/ III semester Bachelor Degree in Engineering/ Technology (Lateral Entry) shall be open to the candidates who are holders of a diploma or equivalent qualification as recognized by University who have secured not less than forty five percentage (45%) marks in the final year examination (fifth and sixth semesters) in the appropriate branch of engineering.
- Provided that, in case of SC/ST and OBC candidates from Karnataka the minimum marks for eligibility shall be forty percent (40%).
- Provided further that, all the candidates seeking lateral entry shall also clear prescribed bridge courses as specified by the University.
- Those candidates who have passed a qualifying examination other than the PUC II examination of the Pre-University Education Board of Karnataka, or Engineering Diploma Examinations of the Board of Technical Education of Karnataka, have to obtain eligibility certificate for seeking admission to B.E./B.Tech. Degree Course from Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belgaum or from the Principal of concerned Engineering College of Karnataka State.
For Admissions Contact:
92/B, 36th Cross, II Block,
Rajajinagar, Bangalore – 560 010
Tel: 080-2332 3011 Ph: +91 9844005004
Fax: 080-2313 0583
Director : +91 9019427582
Principal : +91 9880703600
Mrs. Nayana, Admission Coordinator: +91 9900072632
Email ID: email@example.com